Tuesday 15 February 2011

Oh wow . . . a mixed up kind of time

My son and I have decided to try a different activity each month in order to spend some 'constructive/mother/son/bonding' time together. OH's need not apply!
So for the month of January we arranged to go 'Rock Over Climbing'!!! I know, I know, I initially possibly thought the same as you at first, that we would scale a wall attached by ropes and wearing a crash hat . . .errrm Nope. this is what 'Rock over Climbing' is . . .picture if you will . . .Sylvester Stallone in 'Cliff Hanger' or rather . .




We had fun (?) our arms ached and I've realised I actually have a bit of a fear of heights. Going up is fine but coming back down. Not a good feeling.

So, that was Januarys effort, Feb we're planning to go skating and for March, bowling - all of which I'm sure I will be better at. Fingers crossed. All of them.

1 comment:

  1. Lovely idea! and hope you find it bonding and fun at the same time, even if it's a bit on the 'edge' of your or his comfort zone. Bowling sounds safer!

    ReplyDelete